Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Long Voyage Home Sept 8–9


My trip home began around 4am on Sept. 8 (Happy Birthday Dad!) and didn't end until 11am or so on the 9th. As I mentioned earlier, James and I took a shuttle from Noosa to Brisbane, met his parents in Sydney and I continued on to Nadi, Fiji. It was so hot and humid in Fiji, it reminded me of being back in India or the Philippines. I slept most of the way arriving in LA the afternoon of the 8th and had a 9 HOUR layover at LAX. Luckily my friend and savior, Amy, picked me up from the airport and we cruised around different beaches around LA for the day. I can't even imagine what I'd do in the airport for 9 hours. I then flew past Ohio and landed in Philadelphia the next morning! I finally made it to Dayton where my dad was kind enough to pick me up and take me home. It was so nice to be able to go home, shower, and sleep in a fully reclined position in a soft comfy bed.