Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday, September 3





Fishing Day! So I admit I'm not much of a fisher, nor have I really expressed an interest in pursuing it as a hobby, but for some reason I decided I wanted to try fishing today. The weather was a bit overcast and chilly, but since my days in Australia are numbered, we had to push forward. We bought some live (frozen) bait, which, thank you very much, I was able to put on the hook by myself (after James did it the first dozen times). I caught quite a few (teeny tiny) fish, which really scared me at first, but then it was kinda exciting. I could not bear to take the hook out of the fish so that became James' job. The fish in the first row on the right is called a Happy Moments fish. When Mari, Tyler, Snowball, James and I were at Fraser we saw a number of fliers warning about the dangers of the Happy Moments. You can see that it's a pretty ugly fish to begin with, but it has sharp spikes with poison in them and if it pierces your skin it's no good. It put up a pretty good fight when James was reeling it in. Overall: Fishing Day...SUCCESS!

No comments: