Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Buderim Ginger Factory


Tina and Kate spent the day shopping, so Trudy, Mick, James and I were thinking of hiking to some waterfalls near Maleny. We got a late start and it started pouring down rain so we decided to save the waterfalls for another day and took a detour to the Ginger Factory instead. There was a train tour of the area and information about the production of ginger and all the different products made with this special ingredient. Unfortunately we missed the last train. Instead we took a "boat ride" that told a story of a gingerbread man traveling around the world. James explained it best when he said it was a low budget production. It was worth some good laughs. They also took a picture of us on the boat and I was in the middle of a blink with my mouth open. When we got off the boat, the lady in charge through it would be great fun to zoom in on my face and place my photo on all the monitors at the beginning and end of the ride. I wasn't happy :)

No comments: