Monday, April 21, 2008

New Job

Ok I'm trying not to pick up any bad habits at work. The design process here is a bit different from what I'm used to...let's just say it's kinda bad :) Sorry, but I'm going to switch to designspeak for a sec...so the firm works mainly in Quark Express and Freehand. Two programs which are basically extinct in the states. Let's see if I can pull out my dusty knowledge about these antiquated programs. My boss has also been after a designer right out of school that has been working at a copy shop. She was working on Wednesday so I had a chance to talk with her for a bit. She said that everyone wants to work at this firm and my boss is basically cleaning up the Sunshine Coast, picking up all the good design jobs. She then continued to tell me that she's not used to working on Mac's and that she mainly uses Corel Draw, so she needs to try to learn other programs. Hmmm...

3 comments:

mittens said...

Hey, I have experience with Windows Paint. Maybe I could work there, too! :-)

Unknown said...

If I showed this to my co-workers they'd all be laughing right now. I can almost hear it: "They're using WHAT? Dude, that became extinct when I was in the 5th grade!"

Unknown said...

yeah, totally.... what they said....