Thursday, April 24, 2008

Observations

Everything in Australia is expensive. Too bad the American dollar is so weak at the moment. Since I eat a lot, most of my examples will have to be food specific...a simple Vitamin Water which I could find at Giant Eagle for $1 is between $3.50-$4 here. A small bottle of coke is around $2.50. Packs of gum are also around $2. The McDonald's value meal is in the $2 range (I'm really embarassed and sorry that I know this). It's impossible to find any coffee under $3. Gas has also hit an all time high hovering around $6/gallon. Sigh.

P.S. I'm watching That 70's Show. Who is the new guy (he bugs me) and what happened to Eric? Oh that reminds me about tv shows. I spent a lot of time watching tv with my mom, esp NCIS, House and Numbers. They're so behind with our shows. I had seen most of their current episodes even though I watched them 4 months earlier in the states.

No comments: