Friday, July 25, 2008

July 21 - Bicentennial Tree Climb



We are now in Pemberton, in the midst of the Karri Forest Explorer Drive, surrounded by vineyards. We stopped at the Dave Warren National Park to climb the Dave Evans Bicentennial Tree. The Top most point is 70 meters from the ground, it's highest treetop lookout in the world. All that sits between the ground and the top are these metal spikes that you have to climb. I started to go up and didn't think I was going to make it because I was too scared. The area in between the metal pegs is open, there's no net to catch you if you fall. The photo of me sitting on the floor of the tree house shows me so scared and not sure how I'm going to get back down. Surprisingly it didn't scare me as much to get back to the bottom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woah! I would freak out. But that kind of tree house is what you dream of as a kid.