Saturday, October 6, 2007

Vocational Training



I miss my camera. I borrowed Jo's camera (which is very similar to my SLR) to take pictures for the annual report. We went to visit the CVT. Children first start out in the Early Intervention Center, they then go to the Junior School (Karuna Vihar), middle school (Latika Vihar) and some eventually make it to the CVT. Here they learn many trades and skills such as cooking, cleaning, gardening, carpentry, laundry, exercise and personal maintenance. The age group for the CVT ranges from 16-22. The children were so sweet. A group of guys sang to Noopur and I and then begged us to sing them a song in English. We told them we didn't know any songs. They knew we were lying and wouldn't stop asking us, so we eventually sang Mary Had a Little Lamb :) They seemed to REALLY enjoy it. Must have been funny :)

No comments: